職場社交英語Lesson23:你才不要分心

2012-06-11 11:02:11 

職場社交英語 Lesson 23:你才不要分心

SCENE④ B  吉娜和戴夫在隔間里 

【我才不要分心】

Dave:          Do you think maybe it would be better to just talk to Vince? Explain the situation?

戴夫:         你覺得去跟文斯說會不會好一點?解釋這整個情況?

Zina:           No way. I want the satisfaction of 1) squishing this bug myself. Plus, what if it's Vince?

吉娜:         門都沒有。我要自己享受壓扁這只蟲子的滿足感。而且若文斯就是那小子怎么辦?

Dave:          I don't think so. Your admirer seems kind of sweet. Aren't you even a little 2) curious about him?

戴夫:         不會吧。你那仰慕者似乎還蠻貼心的。難道你對他一點都不好奇?

Zina:  He's just a 3) distraction, like a mosquito buzzing in my ear. I want no distractions.

吉娜:         他只會讓人分心,就像耳邊蚊子嗡嗡叫。我才不要分心。

Dave:          A little distraction might 4) do you some good, Zina.

戴夫:         稍微分點心或許對你有好處,吉娜。

語言詳解

A: Our two-year-old baby is always getting into trouble.

    我們家那個兩歲的小鬼老是出狀況。

B: Two is the age when they start to get curious.

    孩子就是從兩歲會開始好奇。

【a little curious 一點兒好奇】

a little 意思是“不多,但仍有一點”,如果是little,意思是“很少”,隱含否定之意。

A: There's still a little time. We can have another drink.

     還有一點時間,我們可以再來一杯。

B: But there is little money with us.

     但是我們沒有什么錢了。

A: I think they would accept my credit card.

     我想他們會接受我的信用卡。

1)quish  (v.) 擠扁,壓扁

2)  curious  (a.) 感到好奇的

3)  distraction  (n.) 分心

4)  do someone good  對某人有好處

職場社交英語Lesson23:你才不要分心》永久閱讀地址: http://www.jiazhineng.cn/yingyu/1953/